Do you know that dental caries in kids (an infectious disease) is 7 times more common than hay fever and 5 times more common than asthma in early childhood!
Why caries are much more prevalent today?
Because of chocolates and candies!
Yes! Caramelized candies such as éclairs, chocolates, toffees especially the ones containing stick jaw are sticky and more palatable to the teeth and put the teeth on risk of cavities/caries.
The second most common reason is the lack of dental hygiene/oral hygiene. From the day we start breastfeeding till the last day of our life, maintaining proper oral hygiene is critical for our oral health.
It’s imperative to clean our teeth at least twice a day with a toothbrush. Even if you don’t have the teeth, taking proper care of gum pads is essential. Use a clean damp cotton or cotton cloth to clean the milk residue from your gum pads as well as newly formed teeth.
This lack of awareness is the root cause for most of the dental concerns in children.
Ideally, this awareness regarding oral care should begin right from the child is born and should be conveyed by the concerned gynecologist/pediatrician to the new parents.
Give your kids a better oral health right from their infancy till childhood through expert pediatric dentistry services. Dr. Mehak Kalra Sharma, is one of the top Pediatric Dentists in Ludhiana, offers superb care to your child’s gums, teeth and mouth throughout all their initial stages and milestones of the childhood.
Children start teething at the age of six months and start to get their permanent set of teeth by 6-7 years and there on. Lack of proper dental care may result in oral problems, decays and diseases that can result in pain for lifetime.
Get in touch with us today to protect your child’s smile and ensure it’s healthy too!
At Sharma Dental Clinic, we boast painless treatment done smoothly under laughing gas which is a non-invasive and most commonly used method to treat cavities in children.
We are the only clinic in Ludhiana to offer the same.
Why do Parents need Child’s Dental care?
We at Sharma Dental Clinic believe that both parents and your dentist need to work hand-in-hand to protect your kid’s beautiful smile!
Parents need to be very careful and seek dental assistance if the child experiences any of the following problems.
- Teething: Usually teething can be handled at home but sometimes excessive crankiness, drooling and tears can make the things ordeal for babies as well as parents. It’s always better to connect with your pediatric dentist to ensure a smooth teething process.
- Early childhood caries: Early childhood caries majorly impacts preschoolers and infants globally. If your child is experiencing caries, get in touch with experienced dentists at Sharma Dental Clinic for best tooth restoration techniques.
- Hot and cold sensitivity/ difficult in eating: When exposed to caries or cavities, the new teeth of your child may become sensitive. The child may not be able to differentiate the pain between tooth sensitivity and the new erupting gums. So, it becomes vital to take care of your child’s teeth and make him learn the importance of oral hygiene as well.
- Interceptive orthodontics: Interceptive orthodontics or early orthodontics is the guidance of teeth eruption while some milk teeth are already present and correction of malocclusion (abnormal bite) by early intervention so as to avoid future problems. Feel free to connect with us to know more about interceptive orthodontics.
- Tooth Avulsion: In children, if a tooth accidently gets knocked out of socket, it can be re-implanted. Just keep the avulsed tooth in the saliva or milk and immediately seek medical attention within 20 minutes.
- Preventive Dentistry: fluoride application: At our clinic, we are utmost concerned about all the aspects of preventive dental care. Educating the parents and children is of prime importance to prevent the tooth decay with routine follow-ups or check-ups, sealant application and fluoride applications.
- Habits Correction: While it may feel adorable watching your kids such their thumb but this habit (if continued) can result in many problems in near future. Many functional and aesthetic issues may arrive such as open bite, jaw misalignment and narrow palate.
Sharma Dental Clinic offers comprehensive oral health treatments and care for your kid that includes:
- Oral examination, risk detection for caries
- Exceptional preventive dental care that includes fluoride and other cleaning treatments.
- Habit counseling such as thumb sucking, pacifier usage etc.
- Treatment for tooth cavities, caries and other defects.
- Teeth alignment and braces
- Proper care and treatment for dental injuries
Why Sharma Dental Clinic for your pediatric Dental Needs?
Unlike adults, most of the children are not patient and cooperative enough while tooth examination or dental treatment. Sharma Dental Clinic stands above the rest to provide the friendliest and specialized pediatric dental treatment in Ludhiana.
- Laughing Gas: To deal with the kid’s anxiety and pain during the dental treatment, Sharma Dental Clinic uses Laughing gas sedation. The child remains comfortable throughout the procedure.
- Warm environment & kid friendly staff: The staff at Sharma Dental Clinic aptly knows to make children feel comfortable and treat in a candid way in a warm and soothing environment.
- In-house pediatric dentist: Dr. Mehak Sharma – the best kids dentist in Ludhiana has done three years of Post Gradation in Masters in Dental Surgery in Pediatric dentistry. She has eight years of vast experience under her belt with kids. She quickly assesses the kids and patiently deals with them and helps the kids to adjust with the environment.
Her armamentarium consists of dental equipment specially designed for kids.
Want to know more? Reach out to us today!